Mystara: The Journey...
Co-Manager of the Company4Hire
- Janice is the second eldest daughter and third child of a fisherman from the small village of Bronsdale. From what she has said, her father has passed away during a fishing expedition on Lake Amsorak when she was young, however her siblings and mother are still very much alive. Her siblings, reside within the Republic are married and with families, and they all contribute to the well-being of her mother. She writes to them from time to time and during periods of vacation she visits them.
- From the young age of 17, Janice was employed by the Umbarth House and for many years she was content, but over time and as she learned more about the merchant house’s policies and general ideology she came to dislike her employer. What complicated matters further was a relationship with a co-worker which had ended disastrously. She avoids speaking about this part of her life.
- Through Umbarth House and due to the tremendous foreign trade business the merchant house was involved in, she was exposed to the Darokin Diplomatic Corps with which she made strong ties with and so after leaving the merchant house she naturally migrated to the diplomatic organisation.
- Working for the DDC she was fortunate to travel and see some of the Known World, especially Darokin’s neighbouring nations. This part of her life, seems to be the highlight for her and she often speaks about adventures and oddities she had the pleasure of experiencing in her travels.
- It was via one of her diplomatic missions that she met with Gotryk Korrin who at the time was serving as a chaplain in Fort Nell. The two naturally hit it off sharing many of the same political and ideological views. It was some time before they saw each other again as her work required her to travel.
- By the time Gotryk sought her out for the Company , she had taken a desk-job for the Corps in Darokin City, having being promoted to a senior administrator of the affairs for the organisation.
- Making her an equal partner within the Company was the only way in which Janice was willing to leave her high position, but without her the Company would most likely not have gained the prestige and marketability that it has now achieved – or at least not in such a short a time.
- Janice’s background and experience in the industry, her extensive network and deep contacts as well as her shrewd negotiating and information gathering skills, arguably make her the most important an asset within the Company.